Sunday, August 3, 2008

Finder by Emma Bull

Finder Finder by Emma Bull


American Library Association Best Books for Young AdultsVOYA Best Science Fiction, Fantasy amp; HorrorWelcome to Bordertown. A hybrid community of misfits, oddballs and runaways. Where humans, elves and halflings co-exist. Where magic and the brutal realities of survival clash and mix. For Orient and Tick-Tick, it's just home. Death and dark magic hang ov er the city. A seductive new drug lures young runaways to their destruction. A mysterious plague spreads through the streets. And beneath the clock tower on High Street, Bonnie Prince Charlie lies slain by an unseen hand. A cop named Sunny Rico exploits Orient's talent for finding objects to track the killer and leads both herself and him into the darker secrets of Elflands' immigrant citizens.


My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
Having just finished reading 'Elsewhere' & 'Nevernever', two other books set in Bodertown, I had a background of the setting and characters when I started this book. That made it enjoyable. This book was not quite as engrossing as the other two, but it was still a fun Borderland read. The story was very emotionally charged and that is what kept me reading. I do feel like I may have missed some of Tink & Orient's story in earlier Borderland books, that may have made this one even more interesting. But still it was a pretty good read and leaves me looking for the earlier Borderland books.


View all my reviews.

No comments: