Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Chocolate Bear Burglary (Chocoholic Mystery, Book 2) by JoAnna Carl

The Chocolate Bear Burglary (Chocoholic Mystery, Book 2) The Chocolate Bear Burglary by JoAnna Carl


Synopsis

In this brand-new mystery by the author of The Chocolate Cat Caper, Lee McKinney and her Aunt Nettie, small-town chocolatiers, are about to unwittingly step into some big-time crime.

But a curious Lee won't rest until their chocolate shop-not to mention their lives-are out of danger.



My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
This is the second book in the Chocoholic Mystery series and I am still not thrilled with the author's writing style. But I have been told by a reliable source that this series does get better, so I plan to stick it out.



I figured out 'whodunit' fairly early in the story. There really were no surprises. I find the main character to be a bit annoying, but was happy that the whole 'twisted tongue' thing was not as prevalent in this book as the last one.



Have #3 here on my TBR shelf so will continue to read this series in the hopes that it improves soon.


View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Ladytink_534 said...

I really need to pick up the third one. Hopefully she completely stops "tangeling her tongue" in that one!