Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Chocolate Cat Caper (Chocoholic Mystery, Book 1) by JoAnna Carl

The Chocolate Cat Caper (Chocoholic Mystery, Book 1) The Chocolate Cat Caper by JoAnna Carl


Looking for a fresh start, divorcée Lee McKinney moves back to Michigan to work for her aunt's chocolate business-and finds that her new job offers plenty of murderous treats to chew on.

When a high-profile defense lawyer dies after eating a cat-shaped chocolate laced with cyanide, it's up to Lee to find out who tampered with the recipe-before she and her aunt end up behind not-so-chocolate bars.


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
I am fairly new to the cozy mystery genre and I was a bit disappointed in this first book in the Chocoholic Mystery series.



I found the author's writing style to be amateurish. The main character was not that appealing and her speech problem (she tends to substitute the wrong word when speaking) was annoying. Instead of being a sleuth and actively working on solving this mystery she seemed to blunder upon clues, often without even realizing that they were clues. The ending was awful. lol



I do have the next two books in this series and I intend to give the next one a try, but if the author's writing does not improve I will probably drop this particular cozy series.


View all my reviews.

No comments: