Saturday, January 12, 2013

Omega Games (Stardoc #8) by S.L. Viehl

Omega Games (Stardoc, #8)Omega Games by S.L. Viehl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Dr. Cherijo Torin faces a different kind of epidemic�a mysterious black crystal spreading like cancer throughout the galaxy. The hunt for information leads Cherijo to the planet Trellus, whose inhabitants exhibit excessive paranoia and anger, taking out their frustrations in the Omega Dome in simulated combat against battle drones. But someone is killing victims outside the arena, and Cherijo believes the black crystal infection is responsible for this horror

~~~



So Jarn and Duncan find themselves once again caught in the middle of trying to save a world when they are lured to and stranded on a planet where a creature is killing people by taking over their bodies and leaving behind nothing but their skins. The action was constant and interesting. There were some new characters introduced that I liked a lot and the twist was interesting. Overall a good read.

My one complaint is the whole Cherijo/Jarn thing. I don't know anymore who I like the best. At first it was hard to think of Jarn as her own person, but now I am beginning to like her a little more and from her POV Cherijo was not such a wonderful person. But I really liked Cherijo before the author decided to 'kill' her off and give us this new character. So why am I now liking Jarn more and Cherijo less? Confusion!! Well maybe we will get some resolution in the next book since this series seems to be coming to an end soon.



View all my reviews

No comments: