Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crystal Healer (Stardoc #9) by S.L. Viehl

Crystal Healer (Stardoc, #9)Crystal Healer by S.L. Viehl

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Genetically engineered interstellar surgeon Dr. Cherijo Torin, her husband Duncan Reever, and a handpicked crew journey to the planet oKia to locate a strange black mineral that is the source of an intergalactic epidemic. When one of the crew members becomes infected, his body slowly begins to crystallize. While Cherijo races to save the crew member, mercenaries arrive in the oKia system, wanting Cherijo's genes-and her near immortality. It will take all of her abilities to elude the mercenaries and discover the black crystal's secrets before it's too late.

~~~

This book was slow compared to the others in this series. Not a lot of action, too much scientific jargon and sadly an ending that I did not like much.

As much as I disliked 'Rebel Ice' and the plot twist that the author introduced in that book, I have to say, that I was disappointed with the ending of this book. I suppose that Jarn has grown on me and that her opinion/view of Cherijo has influenced me a bit, but I was sad to see how the author ended this book.

I am not too sure that I am going to be pleased with the next book and am wondering if the ending of this series is going to be a disappointment for me. I suppose that there is only one way to find out...........



View all my reviews

No comments: