Monday, July 22, 2013

Wild Wild Death (Pepper Martin #8) by Casey Daniels

Wild Wild Death (Pepper Martin #8)Wild Wild Death by Casey Daniels

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Her job has been cut, she's low on cash, and her detective sometime- boyfriend refuses to even talk about her ability to see the dead and solve their murders. So Pepper is most certainly down for a vacation to get her spirits up. But when her cute scientist friend Dan is kidnapped, Pepper soon stumbles upon another deadly mystery that brings her to New Mexico. And she's after a clever murderer-one whose idea of Boot Hill has nothing to do with Jimmy Choo.



So this is the first book in the series that I can actually say that I loved. Maybe because Pepper is in a new environment. Or because I actually like her new love interest (unlike Quinn who I can not stand). Or because Pepper is not quite so shallow in this book (or I was just able to overlook the shallowness). I was heartbroken when Pepper lost her ability to see the ghosts and I teared up with she, without hesitation, accepted her Gift back. My only unhappy moment in the book was when she left everything behind and returned to Cleveland. Not sure that I am happy about that. I was kind of looking for the fairy tale ending. Guess we will see what happens in the next installment.



View all my reviews

No comments: