Saturday, April 14, 2012

Stalking Ivory: A Jade Del Cameron Mystery (Jade del Cameron Mysteries #2) by Suzanne Arruda

Stalking Ivory: A Jade Del Cameron MysteryStalking Ivory: A Jade Del Cameron Mystery by Suzanne Arruda

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


On a photography assignment in the northern territory of Mount Marsabit, American adventuress Jade del Cameron and her friends hope to film the area's colossal elephants. Instead, they discover the mutilated remains of four elephants and a man. Although the authorities suspect Abyssinian poachers and raiders in search of ivory and slaves, Jade has her own suspicions. Could it have been Harry Hascombe, her nemesis and unremitting suitor? Soon the Kikuyu boy accompanying her is captured by slave traders. Ultimately, it will take all of Jade's mettle to rescue her guide from slave traders, protect the animals, and expose another kind of beast.

~~~


Absolutely loved this book. It has been some time since I read the first book in this series, so I do not remember a lot of the details but I do remember that I enjoyed it and was impressed with the author's ability to write so descriptively. Well I was not disappointed with this second novel in the Jade Del Cameron Mystery series. The way that they author writes about Africa and the elephants makes it possible to picture the environment as Jade and friends work out the mystery of the poachers. I love the characters, including the new ones in this book. I am very much looking forward to more in this series.



View all my reviews

No comments: