Saturday, April 28, 2012

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery #3) by Victoria Laurie

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun (Ghost Hunter Mystery, #3)Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun by Victoria Laurie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


A demonic guest terrorizes a haunted hotel

When ghost hunter and medium M.J. Holliday appears on a television show called Haunted Possessions, she encounters an evil knife that releases a demon. Now all hell has broken loose in the haunted hotel where M.J. is staying?and it?s up to her to give the uninvited guest an early checkout.

~~~



I really do enjoy Laurie's writing. This series is beginning to remind me a bit of her Psychic Eye series (which is not a bad thing). The stories are getting a bit darker and involving not only ghosts, but demons and other dark things, as well that the evil people who come with them. I like that the plot keeps me guessing right up to the end. I do feel like there is a little bit of excess at times. Too many details and repetition and every now and then I don't really like MJ a lot. I would also like to see MJ and Steven's relationship explored a bit. It is kind of stagnant, like the author is still trying to decide if they are going to be a couple or not. But overall I am enjoying the series and am looking forward to the next one.



View all my reviews

No comments: