Monday, January 16, 2012

Creepin' by L.A. Banks, Monica Jackson, Donna Hill, J. M. Jeffries, Janice Sims

Creepin'Creepin' by L.A. Banks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Welcome to a world of werewolves, vampires, demons and mere mortals, where, in the name of revenge, five women are about to live out their wildest fantasies—even if it means crossing over to that other side…
Five of today's most provocative authors invite you into a realm beyond the limits of your sensual imagination, where anything can happen—and does. In these stories of bloodlust and payback, of scorching desire and otherworldly fantasies come true, you'll encounter five women who thought they had it all, until a betrayal takes them on a feverish journey to the dark edge of vengeance. Fueled by lust and deception, these women are going to let their voracious appetites guide them as they take justice into their own hands.…


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did not care at all for 'The Heat of the Night' by Donna Hill. Totally without plot and was nothing more than a continuing sexual encounter that was too far fetched to even enjoy. The other 2 stories -- 'Payback is a Bitch' by LA Banks & 'Vamped' by Monica Jackson were okay reads, though I feel that 'Vamped' had too 'miraculous' of an ending.
Without question the best 2 stories in the book were the last two-- 'Balancing the Scales' by JM Jeffries and 'Avenging Angel' by Janice Sims with 'Avenging Angel' winning in a landslide.
I enjoyed the Jeffries story. It had a good plot and storyline. Nice finish and definitely made me want to look into more books by these talented authors.
But I have to say that I loved Janice Sims' story. It read like a novel and the minute that I finished I rushed to her website to see if there were any more books about the Nephilim. Sadly I did not see any but I really hope that this author plans to take this storyline further. I can see an entire series evolve from this story. Wonderful read!!!



View all my reviews

No comments: