Saturday, March 20, 2010

Xombies: Apocalypticon by Walter Greatshell

Xombies: Apocalypticon Xombies: Apocalypticon by Walter Greatshell


Survivors of a cataclysmic zombie-making plague leave a temporary safety of a refitted nuclear sub to scavenge for food and supplies on land. But they soon find themselves facing new terrors on the surface and mutiny below.


My rating: 2 of 5 stars
I have to say that I was disappointed in this book. Having recently read the prequel I suppose that I was expecting the story to continue from where it left off, with Lulu and the other survivors struggling to find the cure for Agent X. But for me this book was all over the place. Lulu and her 'boys' were featured very little in the plot and really seemed like more of an after thought. There really was not any one character who stood out, with the exception of Sal Deluca.
The timeline kept bouncing around, to the point of confusion. We jumped from having Xombies, to having some mutation of Xombies that are so unrealistic that, imo at least, it completely took away from the plot. It was like the author decided to change the story about half way through the book. We are left with more questions than before and no resolution in sight. I understand that the author has a couple more books planned but I can't imagine where he plans to go from here. When all hope for humanity is taken away, is there really anywhere else to go?

View all my reviews >>

No comments: