Sunday, March 28, 2010

Shift (Shifters, #5) by Rachel Vincent

Shift (Shifters, #5) Shift by Rachel Vincent


Being the first female werecat enforcer isn't easy. Scars accumulate, but I'm stronger in so many ways.

As for my personal life? It's complicated. Choices worth making always are. Ever since my brother's death and my father's impeachment, it's all I can do to prevent more blood from spilling. Now our Pride is under attack by a flight of vicious thunderbirds. And making peace with our new enemies may be the only way to get the best of our old foe.

With the body count rising and treachery everywhere, my instincts tell me to look before I leap. But sometimes a leap of faith is the only real option….



My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I remember back to when I read the first book in this series and did not care a lot for it. Too much 'cat' terminology, I think. lol Now I pre-order them because I can not wait to read the next one.

This one was non-stop action packed from beginning to end. Faythe and her Pride are attacked by Thunderbirds, who up until now were thought to be practically extinct. Further investigation leads Faythe to the truth, Calvin Malone has set up her Pride to take the fall for a crime against the Thunderbirds that one of his own enforcers is guilty of. Faythe really begins to come into her own as the next Alpha in line and starts taking charge as she has to figure out a way to prove her Pride's innocence as well as save the life of Kaci, the young tabby that she has grown to love.

We see the Prides move closer to civil war as well as see Faythe struggle with her relationships with both Marc and Jayce. Lots of things left to come in the next book and I don't want to wait till October!!

View all my reviews >>

No comments: