Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister, Angie Fox, Lisa Cach, Mari Mancusi

My Zombie ValentineMy Zombie Valentine by Katie MacAlister

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Four women who are about to dig up the truth!

Tired of boyfriends who drain you dry? Sick of guys who stay out all night howling at the moon? You can do better. Some men want you not only for your body, but your brains. Especially your brains.
It's true! There are men out there who care--early-rising, down-to-earth, indefatigable men who'll follow you for miles. They'll take the time to surprise you, over and over. One sniff of that perfume, and you'll have to use a shotgun to fight them off. And then, once you get together, all they want is to share a nice meal. And another. And another.

Romeo and Juliet, eat your hearts out.

"Bring Out Your Dead" by Katie MacAlister
"Gentlemen Prefer Voodoo" by Angie Fox
"Zombiewood Confidential" by Marianne Mancusi
"Every Part of You" by Lisa Cach

~~~~~



Decided to read this since Valentine's Day was around the corner. I enjoyed all of the stories but my favorite had to be 'Every Part of You' by Lisa Cach. Not a typical zombie story but an interesting one nonetheless. How can you not love a zombie who craves sweets and not brains? lol

I liked 'Zombiewood Confidential' by Marianne Mancusi simply because it was more of a typical zombie story with the brain eating zombies of horror novels as opposed to the lovestruck zombies in the other stories. The story itself was a bit cheesy, but it is Valentine's Day after all.

Though I have not yet read any of Katie MacAlister's 'Dark Ones' books, (I do have them on my TBR mountain though) I still enjoyed 'Bring Out Your Dead'. I look forward to reading more about the characters that I met briefly in this story.

'Gentlemen Prefer Voodoo' by Angie Fox was a sappy love story, but perfect for a Valentine's Day read.




View all my reviews

No comments: