Saturday, December 7, 2013

Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7) by J.A. Konrath

Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)Shaken by J.A. Konrath

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Chicago cop Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels has chased, and caught, dozens of dangerous criminals over the course of her career. But she's about to meet her match.
When Jack wakes up in a storage locker, bound and gagged, she knows with chilling certainty who her abductor is.

He's called "Mr. K." More than two hundred homicides have been attributed to him. His victims have died in the most horrible ways imaginable. He's the essence of evil. Some think he's just an urban legend. But he's real. Jack has tangled with him twice in the past, and both times he managed to slip away.

Now Jack will finally have a chance to confront the maniac she's been hunting for over twenty-five years. Unfortunately, it won't be on her terms. In less than two hours, Mr. K is going to do to Jack what he's done to countless others. And Jack is going to learn that sometimes the good guys don't win...



~~~


I was a little concerned about the three different time lines, but it really worked well. In fact I would be willing to say that it increased the suspense three fold.

I love this series and I am going to be sad to read the last book, but I am thrilled to know that there are so many short stories that include Jack, Harry, Herb and Phin. I am looking forward to reading each and every one of them!!

This book gave us a lot of background for Jack and how she has been involved with some of the killers who have been featured in these books as well as some from other books.As always the action is non-stop and I found myself holding my breath as I turned the page to see how Jack was going to survive (though I never had any doubt that she would, with the help of her friends).



View all my reviews

***Kindle Edition

No comments: