Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell

The Reapers Are the AngelsThe Reapers Are the Angels by Alden Bell

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Zombies have infested a fallen America. A young girl named Temple is on the run. Haunted by her past and pursued by a killer, Temple is surrounded by death and danger, hoping to be set free.

For twenty-five years, civilization has survived in meager enclaves, guarded against a plague of the dead. Temple wanders this blighted landscape, keeping to herself and keeping her demons inside her heart. She can't remember a time before the zombies, but she does remember an old man who took her in and the younger brother she cared for until the tragedy that set her on a personal journey toward redemption. Moving back and forth between the insulated remnants of society and the brutal frontier beyond, Temple must decide where ultimately to make a home and find the salvation she seeks.

~~~

Maybe I was expecting too much going in because of the rave reviews that I have read but I was a bit disappointed with this book. The prose was bit too much. The author seemed to be trying too hard to make this a deep book, but it is about the end of the world as we know it and it did not fit for me. Another thing that bugged me was that the main character was a 15 year old girl, born 10 years after the beginning of the zombie apocalypse, who is not educated, in fact does not know how to read, but has a very extensive vocabulary. Overall it was an okay read, but not the best zombie novel I have read.



View all my reviews

No comments: