Monday, July 9, 2012

Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link

Magic for BeginnersMagic for Beginners by Kelly Link

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


Contents:
The Faery Handbag (2004)
The Hortlak (2003)
The Cannon (2003)
Stone Animals (2004)
Catskin (2003)
Some Zombie Contingency Plans (2005)
The Great Divorce (2005)
Magic for Beginners (2005)
Lull (2002)

~~~

This book was not for me. I read it, and kept at it, because I kept expecting this sudden understanding to hit me. All of the reviews I read had raved about how wonderful this book was, so obviously I was missing something. Whatever it was that everyone else loved so much managed to evade me because I just did not get it. There were a couple of stories that were okay but even those for me were not worth the read. Obviously this book takes a special kind of reader and I am not ashamed to admit that I am not it.



View all my reviews

No comments: