Sunday, May 6, 2012

Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga #1) by Karen Luellen

Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge (Winter's Saga, #1)Winter's Awakening: The Metahumans Emerge by Karen Luellen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Assumptions: I am a normal human being. I'm an average fifteen-year-old. I have always lived here, and I always will. This year will be like every other. But I'll soon find out... none of these assumptions are true.

~~~~


Very interesting read. I loved the plot, enjoyed getting to know the characters and look forward to reading more about the Metahumans. There was enough action to keep me reading and I found that I was hesitant to put the book down.
Unfortunately I was unable to give 5 stars due to a few minor annoyances that a little editing would be able to take care of. There was a grammatical error that was found throughout the book. The word passed was used where the word past should have been used. Ex. "I hopped down the stairs and flew passed Dr. Andrews heading out the back door." The word in this sentence should have been past-- " I hopped down the stairs and flew past Dr. Andrews heading out the back door." This mistake was repeated several times throughout the book.
Another problem for me was that the story kept switching POV at inappropriate times. I would be reading along and all of the sudden in the middle of a sentence we would switch POV and I found that a bit disconcerting.

Overall though I did enjoy this freebie that I picked up for my Kindle at Amazon and I do intend to continue reading this series. I will purchase the next in the series and recommend them to friends.



View all my reviews

***Kindle Edition

No comments: