Saturday, March 3, 2012

Wool 5: The Stranded (Wool #5) by Hugh Howey

Wool 5: The StrandedWool 5: The Stranded by Hugh Howey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


In July of 2011, a short story named WOOL was quietly released into the vast wilds of the Kindle Store. I never marketed this novelette; I failed to mention it on my website. What happened next was remarkable: People started reading it, and reviewing it, and talking about it.

There was never any intention to create a series. It wasn't until the demand for "more" became so great that I launched into the next four books, each one growing longer and longer, until I was wrapping up the story line with this novel, a full 60,000 word WOOL 5.

I would like to humbly thank everyone who has come along on this journey with me; it has been the most rewarding experience of my young writing career. Your emails, your reviews, your comments on my website, every ounce of your enthusiasm . . . it has combined to grant me enough satisfaction and confidence to last the rest of my writing days.

For those of you who suffered the wait, I hope you'll find it was worth it. This is WOOL 5. Brace yourselves. And enjoy.
~~~


I ran across this series of stories/books when I picked up the first one for free on my Kindle. Sounded like something I would enjoy so I read it and immediately became hooked. I proceeded to purchase the next one as soon as I finished the current one, right up until Wool 5. I waited a couple days before buying it....... simply because I did not want it to end. I knew that when I finished reading it that there would be no more stories about Silo 18 and I did NOT want it to end. I have to say that I was not disappointed. Wool 5 was probably the best so far and I am thrilled to hear that Mr. Howey has plans for more.



He has created a scary, yet intriguing world and I want to immerse myself in it. I can not wait to read about what becomes of Juliette and all of the other inhabitants of Silo 18. I want to know how Solo is managing over in Silo 17 and I really want to find out about life in some of the other Silos.



I know that I will have to wait a while but in the meantime I fully intend to go check out the author's other books. If he managed to create this wonderful world I can only imagine what other fabulous stories he has waiting for me to discover.



View all my reviews

***Kindle Edition

No comments: