Saturday, May 23, 2009

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, Book 1) by Victoria Laurie

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery, Book 1) Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria Laurie


You'd think being clairvoyant would give Abigail Cooper the ability to avoid danger.

But being psychic doesn't necessarily allow you to sidestep murder and mayhem---it just lets you know that they're coming...

In Royal Oak, a suburb of Detroit, thirtysomething Abby Cooper lives a life that's kind of like vanilla ice cream--good enough, but a little bland. Her work as a P. I.--Psychic Intuitive--can be rewarding, but she feels like somehow she's missing out on the hot-fudge topping...

Now she's getting what she wished for--when a client winds up dead and the clues start pointing in Abby's direction. Turns out she knows too many details about the murder for her own good. To make matters worse, the hot blind date she just met is the lead investigator on the case. And gorgeous Detective Dutch Rivers is convinced she's a fraud.

No matter how great her psychic abilities, Abby deosn't know if she can solve this case. Unfortunately for her, though, the killer thinks she can...



My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
Very good start of a cozy mystery series. I love the main character Abby Cooper and her psychic ability. The mystery was a little more involved and a little darker than some cozies that I have read and I liked it that way. Looking forward to reading more of this series, which I conveniently have sitting her on my TBR mountain.






View all my reviews.

1 comment:

Lana said...

I really liked the way Laurie handled the entire psychic detective angle!

I enjoyed reading your thoughts, and I've linked to you here.