Saturday, June 2, 2007

#34 -- Mort by Terry Pratchett



From the Publisher
Terry Pratchett’s profoundly irreverent novels are consistent number one bestseller in England, where they have catapulted him into the highest echelons of parody next to Mark Twain, Kurt Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, and Carl Hiaasen.

In this Discworld installment, Death comes to Mort with an offer he can’t refuse—especially since being, well, dead isn’t compulsory. As Death’s apprentice, he’ll have free board and lodging, use of the company horse, and he won’t need time off for family funerals. The position is everything Mort thought he’d ever wanted, until he discovers that this perfect job can be a killer on his love life.

My Opinion

This has been my favorite DiscWorld book so far. I loved ‘Death’. He is a fantastic character and this book was all about him. His apprentice ‘Mort’ is also a very likeable character. I am hoping that I get to read more about these characters as I follow the Reading Guide order of books.

I really look forward to reading more DiscWorld books as I love Pratchett's style and have fallen in love with the characters of the Disc. Fantastic series of books!!!

No comments: