Saturday, May 11, 2013

Whiskey Sour (Jack Daniels Mystery, #1) by J.A. Konrath

Whiskey Sour (Jack Daniels Mystery, #1)Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Lieutenant Jacqueline 'Jack' Daniels is having a bad week. Her live-in boyfriend has left her for his personal trainer, chronic insomnia has caused her to max out her credit cards with late-night home shopping purchases, and a frightening killer who calls himself 'The Gingerbread Man' is dumping mutilated bodies in her district. Between avoiding the FBI and its moronic profiling computer, joining a dating service, mixing it up with street thugs, and parrying the advances of an uncouth PI, Jack and her binge-eating partner, Herb, must catch the maniac before he kills again....and Jack is next on his murder list. Whiskey Sour is full of laugh-out-loud humor and edge-of-your-seat suspense, and it introduces a fun, fully drawn heroine in the grand tradition of Kinsey Millhone, Stephanie Plum, and Kay Scarpetta.

~~~



Well I started this book thinking that I was starting a new cozy mystery series. I figured out right away that there is nothing cozy about this series.

I like the main character, Jack Daniels. She is a strong, somewhat screwed up detective with the Violent Crimes Unit and I like her a lot. The book held my attention and kept me reading to see what would happen next.

I am looking forward to continuing with this series to see what the author has in store for Jack and the other characters of this series.



View all my reviews

No comments: