Saturday, October 6, 2012

On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews

On the Edge (The Edge, #1)On the Edge by Ilona Andrews

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Rose Drayton lives on the Edge, between the world of the Broken (where people drive cars, shop at Wal-Mart, and magic is a fairy tale) and the Weird (where blueblood aristocrats rule, changelings roam, and the strength of your magic can change your destiny). Only Edgers like Rose can easily travel from one world to the next, but they never truly belong in either.

Rose thought if she practiced her magic, she could build a better life for herself. But things didn’t turn out how she planned, and now she works a minimum wage, off the books job in the Broken just to survive. Then Declan Camarine, a blueblood noble straight out of the deepest part of the Weird, comes into her life, determined to have her (and her power).

But when a terrible danger invades the Edge from the Weird, a flood of creatures hungry for magic, Declan and Rose must work together to destroy them—or they’ll devour the Edge and everyone in it.

~~~




Excellent start to a new series by an author(s) who has moved up to the top of my favorite's list.

It took me a little bit to get into the book, but that was only because I had just finished reading several books in the Kate Daniels series and I had to adjust to a new world in this book. This world is nothing like Kate's world and took me a while to adjust to. But once I did I could not stop reading. I love the way that all of the books that I have read by Ilona Andrews have a wonderful touch of humor written into them.

The main characters are fabulous and the rest of the characters are just as interesting. The story line is exciting and I can not wait to read more about the Weird, the Edge and the Broken.



View all my reviews

No comments: