Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon

Hosted by: Rebecca @ Kindle Fever, April @ My Shelf Confessions

Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon



I have participated in Readathons on a book site that I frequent but this will be my first time venturing away from the comfort of a site that I know. The weekend of this readathon will be a tough one for me personally. My oldest daughter will be leaving on the 20th to travel by herself to Texas so that she can set up house before her husband returns from a 10 month deployment to Afghanistan. This will be her first trip by herself and it is a long one. Not to mention that she will need to get into their new home (which thankfully is on base). On top of that my youngest daughter will be leaving on the 22nd for her first weekend trip away from home, without any family. Needless to say I am going to have a very nerve-wracking few days and I can not think of a better way to occupy myself than to read................. and read a lot. So the timing for this readathon will be perfect.

Thanks to a great book buddy,Shaunesay, for the heads up on this one!

2 comments:

shaunesay said...

Checking in on you! Are you reading? ;)

Fireflywishes said...

Thanks so much for joining us for the WWReadathon - hope you can join us for the next one! I used to be an active member of bookcrossing and the bookobsessed forum (haven't been there in forever) but the people there are awesome! :D

I hope you had fun with us and that the WWReadathon was able to take some of your mind off things! :)

All best!
April @ My Shelf Confessions