Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Goblin Tales (Jig the Goblin short stories) by Jim C. Hines

Goblin TalesGoblin Tales by Jim C. Hines

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A vengeful ghost trapped in a goblin's ear ... a flaming spider who must help stop a goddess from conquering a science fiction convention ... a goblin nursery worker who finds herself trapped in the middle of a war. This collection features five humorous short stories that explore the fantasy realm from the perspective of the lowest of the low, the unlikeliest of unheroes: the goblins.

Includes the following stories from the author of the GOBLIN QUEST trilogy:

Goblin Lullaby
The Haunting of Jig's Ear
Goblin Hunter
School Spirit
Mightier than the Sword

Each story includes an afterward by the author.

~~~

I loved this book of short stories. I am in the midst of reading the Jig the Goblin series and this was a wonderful jaunt to take. I don't think that I can pick a favorite out of the stories. I really enjoyed them all. From baby Jig, to finding out what Veka does after her part in Goblin Hero to Smudge being a hero at a modern day fantasy can. All great fun reads and I especially enjoyed the author's afterwords with each story. Well worth the 2.99 spend to purchase the eBook.



View all my reviews

**Kindle Edition

No comments: