Thursday, March 12, 2009

Time's Eye (A Time Odyssey, Book 1) by Arthur C. Clarke, Stephen Baxter

Time's Eye (A Time Odyssey, Book 1) Time's Eye by Arthur C. Clarke


In an instant, Earth is carved up in time and reassembled like a huge jigsaw puzzle. Suddenly the world becomes a patchwork of eras, from prehistory to 2037, each with its own indigenous inhabitants.

The explanation for this cataclysmic event may lie in the ancient city of Babylon, where two groups of refugees from 2037 - three cosmonauts and three U.N. peacekeepers - have detected strange radio signals. The peacekeepers find allies in nineteenth-century British troops and in the armies of Alexander the Great. The cosmonauts join forces with the Mongol horde led by Genghis Khan. Both sides set out for Babylon, vowing to win the race for knowledge - as a powerful and mysterious entity watches, waiting.

My review


rating: 3 of 5 stars
While I did enjoy this book, it was not as good as I was hoping it would be. I love time travel stories and was really looking forward to this one considering who the authors are. While the story was good enough to keep me reading it was not great. Too much historical information for me and while I know that there is a second book, I was a little disappointed that we really did not find out why or who caused the Discontinuity. I look forward to reading the next book in the series, but only because I want to know who and why.


View all my reviews.

No comments: