Saturday, April 5, 2008

Shakespeare's Landlord: Lily Bard Series, #1 by Charlaine Harris



From the Publisher
When cleaning lady Lily Bard discovers the dead body of her nosy landlord, her plan of starting a quiet new life may end in her death.

My Opinion
Being a fan of Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series and having just finished reading the first book in her Harper Connelly series, Grave Sight, I was very pleasantly surprised with this book. Expecting fluff, I was very impressed with this book, which, while being a lot darker than her other books, had so much more depth and character than I was expecting.

I love the main character, Lily Bard, who after living through a very traumatic past, which scarred her both physically and emotionally, is trying to live a very quiet, simple life in Shakespeare, working as a cleaning lady and keeping to herself. When she witnesses the disposal of a body late one night while out walking, her nice quiet life becomes quite a bit more complicated.

I was very impressed with this book and the depth of the main character. The mystery that Lily faced was fun to try to solve along with her and the involvement of the other characters made this a wonderful read. I can not wait to get my hands on the rest of the series to see what happens next in the life of Lily Bard!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This series is very good! Actually of Charlaine Harris's books are good! I have enjoyed all of them except her very first one...but I can't remember what it is called now...