Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Soul to Take by C. N. Bean



From the Publisher
A tough Midwest homicide detective is assigned to her most bizarre case yet--the grotesque murders of young boys at the hands of a brutal serial killer. But when the trail shockingly leads to the most unexpected of places, she finds her own son may be next on the killer's list! This is the first novel in a new suspense series featuring a female homicide detective.


My Opinion
I was completely prepared to write a review of this book saying that it was not so great, I did not like the author's writing style, and I was not sure what compelled me to keep reading. But then I came to the end of the book and will have to say that the author redeemed himself a little bit. The ending was totally unexpected and really way out of left field. I don't know if that made it better or worse but at least I can say that I did not see it coming. I still did not care a lot for the author's writing style. The characters are not really well developed and the author has an annoying habit of adding unnecessary details that really have nothing to do with the story and seem to be just used as filler. I finished the book, but won't actively look for any more books by this author. I may read one if I happen upon it, but it was only so-so for me.

No comments: