Monday, May 28, 2007

#31 -- The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett



From the Publisher

Terry Pratchett's profoundly irreverent novels are consistent number one bestsellers in England, where they have garnered him a revered position in the halls of parody next to Mark Twain, Kurt Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, and Carl Hiaasen.

The Color of Magic is Terry Pratchett's maiden voyage through the now-legendary land of Discworld. This is where it all begins--with the tourist Twoflower and his wizard guide, Rincewind.

~~~~

I have decided that since Summer vacation has officially begun for me that I am going to read this as part of a couple of challenges. I have collected quite a few DiscWorld books and it is time that I start reading them. So for caligula03's Beach Blanket Bonanza Challenge & A 43things goal read all the Discworld novels I am currently reading this book!

My Opinion

What an introduction to DiscWorld! This was a fun book and great introduction to the DiscWorld series. While at times the story is a bit disjointed, overall it was a fun read. I enjoyed meeting the main characters. Loved Rincewind and TwoFlower as well as Death. They are very likeable characters and you want to read more about their exploits. The ending was quite a 'cliff hanger' LOL!!! Now I just have decided where in the DiscWorld series to go next!!

No comments: