Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2) by Katie MacAlister

Sex and the Single Vampire (Dark Ones, #2)Sex and the Single Vampire by Katie MacAlister

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


If Allie doesn't find a ghost soon, her short career as a "Summoner" with United Psychical Research Association will be a thing of the past, so naturally she is delighted to find what she thinks is the tortured spirit of a gorgeous, naked, wounded man. But the cranky spirit, who looks exactly like the dishy man who has been haunting Allie's dreams, doesn't need her help since he isn't a ghost, but rather Christian Dante, best-selling author of vampire romances and Moravian Dark One. Of course, Allie wants some answers from the arrogant and domineering Christian, but he is more interested in working out the exact nature of their relationship, since fate has chosen Allie as his "Beloved."(

~~~~~~



7/1/2006

I really enjoyed this book once I got into it. The beginning was a little rough. We seem to be introduced to the main character, Allie, in the middle of her character development. She finally comes together further into the book as we learn more about her history but it made for a little confusion early on. I kept feeling like I had missed reading a previous book that should have told us more about her. (The author also gives her an annoying habit of saying 'Poop' that is a huge turn off). But as the story unfolds it got much more interesting to the point that I could not put it down and sat up well into the night to finish it. I look forward to more books by this author.

ETA-- 3/08 and I now realize why as this is technically #2 in the series. LOL Have the rest on MT. TBR.


ETA-- 6/20/14 -- I decided to reread this as I recently read the first book in the series and to be honest I did not really remember reading this one years ago. I guess that I have a greater appreciation for this type of book because I probably would have rated it 4 stars this time around.



View all my reviews