Sunday, August 11, 2013

Undead and Unfinished (Undead #9) by MaryJanice Davidson

Undead and UnfinishedUndead and Unfinished by MaryJanice Davidson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Vampire queen Betsy Taylor makes a deal with the devil in order to discover the secrets of the Book of the Dead. Just one catch: she and her sister must go to hell to do it. Just long enough to make nice with her mother, aka Lucifer, and take a detour through time...


~~~~~


The first half of the book was mindless Betsy babble. She is getting more annoying with each book. Plus I found MJD's writing style to be so immature and well stupid. To be honest I was ready to give this book one or two stars all the way through the first half. But the saving grace for the book allowing me to give it 3 stars is the second half where Betsy and Laura time travel. That at least was interesting and a little more readable. But of course it was all ruined with the ending which was awful!!!

I honestly don't know why I continue to read this series. I think that it is because I go so long between books that I allow myself to forget just how awful the previous book was. This book actually took me a long time to read because I just was not that interested in getting back to it.

I won't actively seek out the next book, but if I happen across it I am sure that I will end up reading it in the hopes that maybe, just maybe, MJD will save this series.



View all my reviews

No comments: