Thursday, June 10, 2010

Demon in My View (Den of Shadows, #2) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

Demon in My View (Den of Shadows, #2)   Demon in My View (Den of Shadows, #2) by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes


Jessica isn't your average teenager. Though nobody at her high school knows it, she's a published author. Her vampire novel Tiger, Tiger has just come out under the pen name Ash Night. Jessica often wishes she felt as comfortable with her classmates as she does among the vampires and witches of her fiction. She has always been treated as an outsider at Ramsa High.

But two new students have just arrived in Ramsa, and both want Jessica's attention. She has no patience with overly friendly Caryn, but she's instantly drawn to handsome Alex, a cocky, mysterious boy who seems surprisingly familiar. If she didn't know better, she'd think Aubrey, the alluring villain from Tiger, Tiger had just sprung to life. That's impossible, of course; Aubrey is a figment of her imagination. Or is he?

Nail-bitingly suspenseful, here is the deliciously eerie follow-up to In the Forests of the Night, by the remarkable fifteen-year-old novelist Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a quick interesting read. I like the world of vampires and witches that the author has developed. It has been quite some time since I read her first book 'In the Forests of the Night' and I really felt like I was missing a lot of back story. I probably would have enjoyed this book much more if I had read it nearer to finishing the first book,since I have no recollection of the characters.

But keeping in mind the age of the author when she wrote these books, a good read.

View all my reviews >>

No comments: