Saturday, September 13, 2008

Peaceable Kingdom by Jack Ketchum

Peaceable Kingdom Peaceable Kingdom by Jack Ketchum


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was my introduction to Ketchum. I have several of his books on my TBR shelf and they sound like they are right up my alley, but I thought that I would read this anthology of his first to get a taste of his style.



Unlike most anthologies I can honestly say that there were not any stories that I 'did not' like. All of them were interesting even if they did vary quite a lot in theme and 'horror' content. I found some of the stories to be 'incomplete' in a way. I know that it is probably difficult to get a lot into a 12 page story so that is not surprising. It was very interesting to me that many of the stories were set in Florida, which is where I hail from.



Quite a nice introduction to Ketchum and I look forward to getting into a full length book of his.






View all my reviews.

No comments: