Friday, March 6, 2009

Key to Conflict (Gillian Key, ParaDoc, Book 1) by Talia Gryphon

Key to Conflict (Gillian Key, ParaDoc, Book 1) Key to Conflict (Gillian Key, ParaDoc, Book 1) by Talia Gryphon


Synopsis
Meet Gillian Key-a paramortal psychologist who can treat the mental distress of nonhumans. And she's a Marine Special Forces operative who can get physical with them when the situation calls for it.

Gillian's two worlds collide when she travels to the Carpathian Mountains in Romania to counsel a dangerously attractive local master vampire-and becomes embroiled in a brewing turf war with the legendary Dracula.



My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
After reading other reviews here and after reading the first few chapters of this book I had my doubts as to rather I was going to enjoy it. The main character, Gillian Key, renowned ParaMortal Psychologist and decorated marine captain, seemed a bit flitty and out of control. I was not thrilled with her apparent ease of sleeping with whoever interested her at the moment. But she grew on me. The beginning of the story was very romancy and a bit historical, but it moved on to become quite and interesting action packed book. I loved the various characters, including those on Gillian's 'team'. I am very much looking forward to going right on to read the next book in the series as this book leaves us on quite an interesting note.






View all my reviews.

No comments: